Lumbar Spondylitis - (Back Pain)
Vipreet Karni asana (Basic)
Everyone, at least once in his lifetime suffers from lower back pain. The pain may be due to some disease or injury to the muscles, bones, and/or nerves of the spine.
Pain in the organs within the abdomen and pelvis, may also be felt in the back like pain of the kidney stones is felt close to the L2-L4 region of the spine. Pelvic infections, ovarian disorders, Menstruation can also cause lower back pain.
Due to disc bulge/ herniation or prolapse the exiting nerve root gets pinched. This causes pain along the whole track of that nerve. Radiating pain to the leg is called Sciatica. It has 6 different types. Once the exact exact diagnosis of the type of Sciatica is done then, through medical yoga therapy sciatica can be treated anytime between one session to three months time. Surgeries are also saved in a number of cases at our centre. To view Sciatica case studies click here.
In daily life there are a lot reasons which can cause or trigger the existing lower back pain. These are:
- Lifting heavy weights
- High heals
- Flat sole footwear (without cushion)
- Cold temperatures
- Long drive
- Lack of sleep
- Weakness due to fasting/menstruation/low or high blood pressure
- Prolonged standing
- Prolonged sitting (specially without back support)
- Slip disc
- Nerve impingement
- Muscular stiffness
- Epidural injection during delivery
- Driving scooter/bike (with poor shock absorption)
- Jerk to the spine
- Keeping feet in 'V' shape when standing, walking or running.
- Over Weight
- Lack of tone in abdominal muscles (specially post delivery)
- Faulty diet
If any one of the above mentioned reasons can be the cause or trigger for the lower back pain. Make your check list and try to eradicate as many of them as possible. Medical Yoga therapy for lower back pain can be of immense help for you. You can completely recover from your lower back pain and Dr Deepak Sachdeva will also give you some practical tips which you can follow at your workplace or at home to cure it completely.
Medical Yogic Therapy for lower back pain - A Robust Cure Sequence of Asanas
A special sequence comprising of medically modified asanas is designed for the patient.
- Katibandh asana,
- Forward/lateral (F/L) Stretch,
- Urdhav Hast asana,
- Vipreet Karni asana (Basic)
Props are appropriately used to make the 'Saadhaka' comfortable and gain from the posture. The asanas are aimed at relieving the pain and strengthening the area to cure the ailment. Medical Yoga Therapy addresses all these problems through medically designed asana sequence for recovering from lower back pain.
- Initially the muscle of the lower back are relaxed.
- Katibandha asana releases disc compression.
- Then in second phase F/L stretch relieves muscular spasm and corrects the muscular imbalance.
- The sequence makes the spine healthy in general.
- Lower back curvature deformity is corrected.