Certified Therapeutic Restorative Yoga Course
- Certified Therapeutic Restorative Yoga Course
- 6 + 2 weeks (Weekdays)
- 19th June to 11th August 2017
The Medical YogaTMciation aims to prepare highly skilled yoga therapists who can bridge the gap between medical science and yogic science, who can understand pathophysiology of disorders and prescribe Medical YogaTM treatment based on their medical diagnostic reports. The association aims to also provide them support for establishing scientific Medical YogaTM Therapy Centres all over the world.
The Certified Therapeutic Restorative Yoga Course is a state-of-the-art intensive training course that enables students to pursue Medical YogaTM Therapy for oneself as well as an alternate career prospect. The course comprises of 450 learning hours of theory and practical sessions, OPDs and live project assignments. In addition students are given provision to avail 400 hours or 8 weeks of work experience in a real life OPD. Students get the benefit of years long traditional courses in this immaculately designed course of eight weeks duration.
- To prepare highly skilled yoga therapists who can bridge the gap between medical science and yogic science, who can understand pathophysiology of disorders and prescribe Medical YogaTM treatment based on their medical diagnostic reports.
- To teach students to diagnose common medical disorders as well as intractable ailments with scientific knowledge of common diagnostic techniques including X-ray, MRI, C.T scan, Blood tests etc. Students are trained to identify the movements, muscle groups, individual muscles and their action & attachments on the bones. Based on the assessment of these diagnostic techniques students should be able to medically design a Medical YogaTM asana sequence.
- To enable students to diagnose common medical disorders as well as intractable ailments with scientific knowledge of common diagnostic techniques including X-ray, MRI, CT scan, blood tests etc. Based on the assessment of these diagnostic techniques, students should be able to recommend a Medical YogaTM asana sequence for treatment in combination with chanting, mantras, guided relaxation followed by therapeutic meditation
- To offer a career option that is financially rewarding and personally fulfilling
- To provide an additional therapeutic technique to doctors to achieve effective results on their patients
- To promote holistic health and to prevent and treat lifestyle disorders/diseases through yoga therapy and special techniques developed at the Medical YogaTM centre.
- To understand the scope and application through comparative analysis of alternative therapies vis-a-vis yoga therapy (by way of Medical YogaTM).
Understand modern medical diagnostic techniquesThe students are trained to understand modern medical techniques the like M.R.I films, X rays, blood tests, ultrasound, C.T scans etc. They are guided to identify the underlying problem which is then treated through medically modified yogasanas. This is a unique part of our methodology.
Treat people with general and chronic disordersTreat people for joint pains, musculoskeletal problems, chronic pains, cervical and lumbar spondylitis, heart ailments, hypertension, diabetes, asthma, ankylosing, Arthritis and more.
Analysis of the effect of each asana on muscles groups
Hands on learning in a real life environment
Highly experienced and acclaimed facultyOur faculty members are highly experienced and internationally acclaimed in their respective domains. Dr. Deepak Sachdeva is the lead faculty with 13 years of experience as a therapist treating general and complex diseases with more than 12000 successful cases so far across India, Dubai, Singapore, Germany and Australia. Know more about Dr. Deepak here .
Research orientedStudents are required to submit case studies on completion of the course.
Business Skills DevelopmentMA rare find in a yoga therapy course - students to organise a camp in which they learn how to run their own centre from scratch as a practical activity in a live project. Students learn all skills involved in running a centre starting from planning and marketing skills to attract customers, registration and handling of clients, pricing, their diagnosis and treatment to their follow up and retention.
Case StudyStudents will be required to submit three case studies in the three months following the course. The format of the case studies will be elaborated in the duration of the course.
Complimentary retreat in Rishikesh at end of courseThe course is rounded off by a free retreat in Rishikesh, the cradle of yoga and the land of Gods.
EligibilityThe applicant may be an existing yoga practitioner, a medical or alternative therapy practitioner.
OR An MBBS or MDIf you are absolutely new to the practice of yoga and aspire to become a yoga therapist we would encourage you to attend our Yoga Teacher Training Course first.
Age is no bar for this course.
A basic understanding of the English language is a must.
Who is this course for?The course is open for all adept and willing to learn Yoga Therapy. We have seen the following people making the most out of the course in the past:
Course CurriculumThe course curriculum has been compiled to provide students with the holistic knowledge of
This is to empower the student to reach his/her highest potential as a yoga therapist and run a successful yoga therapy centre by combining the knowledge of the above subjects. Medical understanding of the problem is an essential part of our curriculum. The students are trained to analyse results of techniques like MRI, X-Rays, Blood Tests, Ultrasound, CT Scans etc. then treated through medically modified yoga asanas. This is a unique part of our methodology. In addition, the students get hands-on experience in a real life running OPD at the Medical YogaTM centre.
For the complete curriculum details refer to the course brochure.
Practical training consists of therapy in a real life OPD in the duration of the course and 8 weeks of training after the course separately. Students are offered work experience of 8 weeks after completion of the academic course. The 6+2 weeks of course are good enough to understand and assimilate the knowledge of therapeutic restorative yoga. Plus these 8 weeks are strongly recommended to further hone your skills. The training is imparted at the existing Medical YogaTM facilities which are abuzz with patients.
The course meets the best international standards for therapy. The course certificate is issued by
the Medical Yoga Centre. The certificate is accredited by the Medical Yoga Association and Sanjeevan
Yoga Therapists Association (SYTA).
The classification of the certificates is as follows:
Students attaining Silver and above stamp will be eligible to participate in our annual advanced refresher capsule courses for skill upgradation.
To read in details about our Best Certified Medical Yoga Therapist Course click here to view our brochure.
|Yoga Teacher Training Course||4 Weeks||14 Jan '2017 - 2 Apr '2017||Weekends||COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY|
|Yoga Theapy Teacher Training Course||5 Weeks||28 Nov'2016 - 31 Dec '2016||Regular (Weekdays)||COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY|
|Yoga Anatomy Certificate Course||4 days||18th April 21st April 2017||Weekdays||COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY|
|Certified Therapeutic Restorative Yoga Course||6 + 2 weeks (Weekdays)||19th June to 11th August 2017||Regular (Weekdays)||Apply Now|
|Yoga Anatomy Certificate Course||4 days||19th june to 22nd June 2017||weekdays||Apply Now|
How to Apply
Please fill the application form here or contact us at +91 – 9891243444, email@example.com. We will revert shortly.Required Documents on Approval of Application